The Artec Spider is a 3D scanner with high resolution, high accuracy and ability to see sharp edges. These features make for a perfect solution for mass production and industrial design where higher precision scanning of objects with sharp edges and intricate details is required.
The Artec Space Spider is a new and enhanced version of Artec Spider, equipped with a smart cooling system to guarantee the ideal temperature for scanning.
Artec Space Spider
Drawing on the best features of Artec Spider, this upgraded handheld 3D scanner is one step ahead of the competition – originally developed to work in space, it features new, higher grade electronics, which enable it to reach optimal operating temperatures and achieve maximum accuracy ten times faster than its predecessor and provide long-term repeatability in data capture. In Space Spider, Artec 3D scanning technology has been honed to perfection to ensure the best possible quality of scans and a truly robust device, making it possible to double our standard warranty period.
Perfect for CAD
When quality can’t be compromised, your best options are Artec Spider and Space Spider. Delivering the accuracy of up to 50 microns and resolution of up to 100 microns, both scanners render elaborate curves, sharp edges and thin ribs most faithfully to the original.
Perfect for Quality Control
Keep product quality up to industry standards with Artec scanners. Incredible precision, high accuracy and multiple measurement tools enable you to meet the most rigorous requirements for quality, eliminating manufacturing errors.
Perfect for CG
Capturing color information at 24 bpp and with the resolution of 1.3 mp, Artec scanners boast unparalleled detailing, which helps artists and animators create realistic CG scenes.
New rendering approach is perfect for Artec Scanner — Spider
Initially, scans are easier to view as a point cloud. Once fused, the surface is easier to view as a solid model.
With new smart render mode called “Points and solid” surfaces are clearly visible and identifiable. Scans are automatically displayed in the Point mode, while fusions are in the Solid mode.
* Ability to capture texture : Yes
* 3D resolution, up to : 0.1 mm
* 3D point accuracy, up to : 0.05 mm
* 3D accuracy over distance, up to : 0.03% over 100 cm
* Warm up period for achieving maximum accuracy : 3 minutes
* Texture resolution : 1.3 mp
* Colors : 24 bpp
* Light source : Blue LED
* Working distance : 0.17 – 0.3 m
* Linear field of view (H x W @ closest range) : 90 mm x 70 mm
* Linear field of view (H x W @ furthest range) : 180 mm x 140 mm
* Angular field of view (H ? W) : 30 x 21°
* Video frame rate, up to : 7.5 fps
* Exposure time : 0.0005 s
* Data acquisition speed, up to : 1,000,000 points/s
* Multi core processing : Yes
* Dimensions (H x D x W) : 190 x 140 x 130 mm
* Weight : 0.85 kg / 1.9 lb
* Power consumption : 12V, 24W
* Interface : 1 ? USB 2.0, USB 3.0 compatible
* Output formats : OBJ, PLY, WRL, STL, AOP, ASCII, PTX, E57, XYZRGB
* Output format for measurements : CSV, DXF, XML
* Processing capacity : 40'000'000 triangles/1 GB RAM
* Supported OS : Windows 7 or Windows 8 - x64
* Minimum computer requirements : I5 or I7 recommended, 12-18 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 400 series
* Calibration : no special equipment required
* Warranty : 2 years